Tuesday, October 5, 2010

April's scribepost for October 5

HI EVERYONE!
Today in math class, we were each given a question to blog from the textbook. I will be showing you how I got the answer for #14.




#14: A chimney has the dimension shown. What is the outside surface area of the chimney? Give your answer to the hundreth of a square meter.





Well, it took me about 3 hours to figure this out, so I really hope it's right and could help you guys! :)

Thankyou for taking the time to look at my post. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them or help you out! Oh, and please don't forget to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Heyy April Good job! You had a great effort on trying to do the blog and you never gave up even though it took you three hours.Finding the Big Cylinder and the small cylinder's surface area was straight forward. But you should explain how you got the small cylinders height. So people can understand better.

    Also, the part where you've add the surface area of the big cylinder and the small cylinder together was a little confusing. I get why you add them together. But you should explain why you've subtract it by 3pi15[squared] - pi25[squared]. So if you could add on to that last part of the equation and explain why and how you got there. Then it would be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete