Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Josh's Blog Post

Mr.Backe the email you sent me for the invitation expired so I couldn't really do anything. Sorry for not clicking it a while back so I asked Alvin too let me use his blogger account to do my post.
So in class today we learned the following:add proper and improper fractions; when adding fractions, the denominators must agree, that is, they must be the same. When fractions do not have a common denominator, find a common denominator for both fractions before adding. Add only numerators and keep denominators the same.

1/4 + 1 / 4 = 1 + 1/4
= 2/4
= 1/2

When your subtracting fractions, your doing the same thing like adding. When subtracting fractions, denominators must stay the same. When fractions do not have a common denominator, find one for both fractions before adding. Add only numerators and keep denominators the same.

1/2 - 1 /6 = 3/6 - 1/6
= 2/6
= 1/3


ADDING MIXED NUMBERS:
when adding mixed numbers, first add the whole numbers then add the fractions.

2 1/4 + 3 1/4 = 2 + 3 + 1/4 + 1/4
= 5 2 / 4
= 5 1/2

SUBTRACTING MIXED NUMBERS :
when subtracting the whole numbers first deal with the fractions as you did in the previous example unless you need to re group.

6 1/5 - 3 5/10 = ( 6 - 3 ) + ( 1 /5 - 5 / 10 )
= 3 + ( 2/10 - 5/10 )
= 2 + ( 10/10 + 2/10 - 5 / 10 )
= 2 + 7/10
= 2 7/10



I'm done my blog thats all I can recall from today. Sorry, I couldn't use paint too make it more clearer wouldn't let me add image so I did it like that. Brendans got your next blog

4 comments:

  1. Good job Josh! Next time don't make the text a really light color like yellow. You pretty much copied all that it said on the foldable :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tip from a paint nerd: Save the image as a JPEG instead of a bitmap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Josh! Your blog was very colourful but maybe next time you should use darker colours instead of bright colours so your writing could be more legible. You explained everything pretty well from our notes but you could have added pictures or included the other operations other than just adding and subtracting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job cousin! Um, your explanations was understandable. Although in subtracting fractions you wrote down"add" instead of subtract. I think that was my only problem. Ohyeah great use of colors expect for the yellow. Its too bright! Other than that good job and try using pictures next time to make things easier!

    ReplyDelete