Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jamie's Blog Post

Hellooooooo there! :)

The question I was assigned to do, was 1.3 Surface Area #6 in the homework book.
To find the surface area of the base of this pyramid, I just looked at it like a rectangle. So I used the formula A = s² to get my answer.

I had a lot of difficulty with this question, but Mr. Backe helped me a lot to understand this question.
First, I had to find the height of one of the triangles.
BUT, it wasn't that easy. I had to use the math I learned last year, and the year before to answer this question. I had to use the "Pythegorean Theory".... I think that's what it's called. :P But yeah, I used that to find one of the sides of the triangle.

To find the surface area of this one triangle, I used this formula.


To find the surface area of the whole pyramid, I took the surface area of one triangle, multiplied it by 4, and added the surface area of the square base.

Thank you for reading my post and please leave a comment! :D

Ps: Sorry if my pictures are small.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Jamie. A tough question to answer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jamie! You explained everything very well. I actually had trouble with this question too, but your blog helped me understand. Your total surface area answer was off by JUST A BIT, though. I assume it's because you just rounded the numbers off. Also, next time you could put more colors on your blog, or maybe bold some words to help them stick out. Other than that, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenk yew, Mr Backe and Princess :P

    ReplyDelete