Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Brayden's Scribepost

Today in class we were assigned a question to do from our textbook. My question was number 21 from page 61.

21) Andrew drove his car 234 km from Dawson to Mayo in Yukon Territory in 3 h. Brian drove his truck along the same route at an average speed of 5 km/h greater than Andrew's average speed. How much less time did Brian take, round to the nearest minute?


So, what I did was figure out Brian's Trip.

If Brian was traveling 5 km/h faster then Andrew that would mean Brian would be able to travel 249 km in 3h. You would get 249 km in 3 hours because all you have to do is multiply 5 by 3 because he is going 5 km/h and it takes 3 hours to get from Dawson to Mayo. That's how I got 249 km in 3 h.

After that I made a chart.



In the chart my goal was to find how many minutes 15 km was. The chart shows how I got there.

Then I rounded 10.8 to 11.

It took Brian 11 less minutes to reach Mayo from Dawson.

Please tell me if I made any mistakes or if there is an easier way to do this.

Remember to play TUTPUP!
Here is the link tutpup.com

COMMENT!

1 comment:

  1. Hey brayden, so lets talk about your blog. Your blog was well understandable because your explanations tied in well with the picture diagram that shows how you did you work. Im not so sure about mistakes because thats the same way i figured the question out. My only complaint however is the choice of the color grey, its not very pleasing to the eyes. Although its not about that but about the math, so all in all good job!

    ReplyDelete