Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jamie's Blog Post for November 9, 2010

Well hello everyone! I was told to do question 7 on page 68 on 2.3..... So I did. Hehehheh.

To divide fractions, I put them into the fractions from as shown. Then, I multiplied both fractions with the reciprocal of the denominator, so then I could get the denominator to be 1. And as we all know, if we divide a number by 1, it will still be that number.

In this question, there was no operation sign if that's what you call it, but I noticed that it was "kissing". So that means both fractions are multiplying.

The answer is negative, because if you multiply the numerators, you're also multiplying a negative number with a positive number.

The reciprocal I used in this question was -5/4.

To answer this question, I converted the mixed fraction into an improper fraction instead, so that I can multiply the fractions easier by multiplying the numerator with the numerator, and the denominator with the denominator.

I made a mistake in the equation, it's not multiplying, it's actually dividing. Sorry, my mistake. Hehehehhh.

THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG POST AND PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!
PS. Sorry if colours don't work.... Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment