Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mary Jane's Scribepost for November 2, 2010

For yesterday's math class, Mr. Backe assigned each of us a question to do for a blog post. I was assigned to do number 30 of chapter 2.1 in the Mathlinks Textbook.


Determine the value of x.



For letter a), to get the value of x, I multiplied the numerator and the denominator by 2 because to get -10 for the equivalent fraction of 4/-5, you have to multiply it by 2 and so what you do to the denominator, you do to the numerator. The result of when you multiply 4 by 2 will be 8 and so the value of x is 8.

For letter b), to get the value of x, I multiplied the numerator by -3 because to get -9, you will have to multiply 3 by -3. Then you would have to do the same for the numerator so a number multiplied by -3 is equal to 6. The result will then be -2 because -2 x -3 is 6. The value of x is -2.














For the letter c), to get the value of x, I multiplied the numerator by 4 to to get 20 and so what you do to the numerator, you have to do to the denominator. The result when you multiply a number by 4 is -12. The value of x will then be -3 since -3 x 4 is -12.


For the last letter which is d), to get the value of x, I had to multiply -6 by -5 to get 30 for the numerator and so I then had to do the same for the denominator and so I got -5 x -5 to equal 25. The value of x is 25.
Thank you for reading my blog post and please COMMENT !

No comments:

Post a Comment